Friday, August 29, 2008

of hammers and nails

There's something wrong with advertising. I think that reflects in our lingo.
We don't usually consider our consumers as people. We think consumers are mindless tin-men whose behaviour depends on what we 'communicate' to them.

How else can you explain the most commonly used phrase in advertising - "hammer the audience"

Usage: 'we'll hammer the audience with the message through TVCs and mall activities'

Meaning: We'll repeatedly send out the same message till they know it well and recognize it in spite of current brand clutter.

Glad you all hate wearing helmets. Makes my job easier.

So excuse me while I go and figure out new ways to hammer you all.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely put. I will start wearing helmet when i watch tv next ;)

    ReplyDelete