Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The online outcast

So you thought that the net was all-inclusive. Was meant to empower everyone. And you were rid of anything and everything that divides people in real life.

Tch Tch. Come now. Let’s not be naïve.

Here is a list of things that might make one an online outcast (no offence)

  1. If you don’t have a gmail ID

What’s your gmail? Oh what? No mail? You’re on yahoo. Err.. (almost asked why) okay.

  1. If you’re not on any social networking site

What’s your facebook? Err… I’m not on facebook. Isn’t that a waste of time? :O

Recently a long lost NRI brother got in touch and was shocked to see me on facebook. Cuz after all, wasn't facebook for 'cool' people he said. ouch.

  1. If you don’t use firefox

  1. If you still use yahoo messenger

Gawd! Didn’t those cute little yellow smileys die a horrible death after gtalk was born?

Update. Thank you Prof Falguni

5. If you know what a bank passbook is
Dude. it's so not cool to have a bank pass book. I mean, save the trees and ask them to email it to your yahoo ID hyuk hyuk :D


For additions to the list mail me @sonaljhuj@ you know what

6 comments:

  1. Oh my god! I'm "cool" and not an outcast ! That's wonderful :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still use Yahoo messenger.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. aren't there some days when you wish you were an outcast?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ namit: i think facebook is really lame. but then people do seem to think its cool. can't escape that.

    @ guneet: i would've stuck to yahoo had all my friends stayed on it too.

    @ saurabh: sonaljhuj@gmail.com is what i was implying :)

    @ nidhi: One can always step away and not be a part of something. for that you don't need to be outcast. you can do so yourself. no? I'm on facebook but i hardly ever visit it. I'm on it because i want to see what's the latest online. but i choose to keep myself at a safe distance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must say you are a philosopher at heart...

    ReplyDelete