Tuesday, June 10, 2008

when digital should shut up and watch some TV


I don't know about you, but the TV has given me many great memories. The most important thing that TV advertising has given me (yes it has given me something) are the fun jingles.

Okay so i'm no TV-geek but I find myself singing old jingles that formed a part of my childhood. Remember Nerolac?
Jab ghar ki raunak badhani ho..
deewaron ko jab sajana ho
...
Nerolac! Nerolac! :D

Maybe these are early days, but digital really isn't 'making memories'. It's making links, forwards and all that, but that collective memory is missing.

Sure I may say, 'seen that forward?! No??' and then quickly look through my mail to find it and show it to you. But it's really not that same.

I think it's the lack of use of music and other content that can be viralled by 'mouth'. No, WOM as in digital buzz is not same as it actually being viralled by 'mouth' :)

So give it up for 'Doodh doodh doodh doodh, piyo glassful... doodh!'

While I love the digital space, I think sometimes when the TV scores over it, we digitophiles should shut up and listen. TV's not all that out the window just yet.

PS: I know you sang the nerolac jingle when you read this :p

1 comment:

  1. I also sang along the doodh doodh doodh jingle, right down till the cow mooing :P

    Ash

    ReplyDelete